Monday 15 July 2013

Childhood Mementos

Hello! I finally watched Despicable Me 2 yay! Been wanting to watch it for quite a while and finally watched it with my friends yesterday. The movie is so funny omg! Highly recommended :D And those little yellow guys are just too funny! Yes, Minions. I LOVE MINIONS. They are too funny and cute xD I really laughed until I cried during the Underwear scene lololol.

Anyway, I wore this when I went to the movie, and so many little kids were pointing their fingers at me xP

MINIONS!!!
They were yelling, "Minions! Minions!" while their baby-sitters were trying to calm them down hahaha! :D It's now the holiday season for schools, so the movie was full with kids. They went there with their mums, and they just look so cute! Reminds me of when I was still in primary school and my mum also brought me to watch movies during school holiday :)

So, apart from that, I went to the movie with my friends right, and one of them has an online shop for phone cases. He has this adorable kitty cat phone case, complete with the ears! It's only left one piece, so...I bought it xP #shopaholic  This is how the case looks like.... 

meow meow meow
I added the pink bow tie sticker to make it looks even cuter hehe x) I love it except for the yellow Japanase word on the bottom :| Planned to cover it up using sticker coz I think the font is so ugly :x So, once I'm home, I tried to find sticker inside my drawer to cover it up, but instead of sticker, I found this!
90's kids will know what is this
As a 90's kid, I remember I used to have this in several different designs x) It's a book label stickers! I'm not so sure about now, but this was so popular during my primary school era in the 90's. You stick it in front of your school notebooks to, well, let people know it's your book! And just in case you lose it, the person who found it can give you a call. (By the way that's my old address and house phone number, which are no longer active :p)

I already forgot I still have this labels hahaha. My mum ordered this from her friend, and I think it's her who chose the design. On the bottom, you can add a quote of your choice. I don't know why my mum chose "Don't Forget Me" -___- Maybe she thinks her daughter is forgettable?! xP 

In the end, I use this book label to cover my phone case!

Cute right!
I love the result!!! It adds more personality to my phone :p When I showed this to my sister, she was so mean omg. She said, "Ew! Who else in this world still use this? And some more stick it onto phone case? When we're in public, please don't stand next to me if you're holding this phone!"

So mean!!! I know she's joking hahaha, but I really like how my phone looks like now xP And yeah, who else in this world still use this book label sticker, and some more stick it onto their phone cases? ME! I'm probably the only person who do this muahahaha! #antimainstream #hipster #ohyeah xP

Anyway, besides this book label stickers, I also found some other mementos from my childhood. I think now you can still find this easily in stationary store, or even in Daiso. I'm sure I saw this before in Daiso!

Foodie erasers!
Food-shaped erasers! Super cute right!!! I found three sets inside my drawers, and each have a set meal from different countries. The one above is a set from Japan, consisting of sushi, onigiri, sake and the sake cups, and....soba? The soba comes with chopstick also, how cute is that!

The next one is from French <3

Bon appétit!
The French set consists of garlic bread and onion soup (comes with a spoon!) as appetizer, steak with broccoli and tomato as the main, and red wine as the beverage! The wine is from 1943 btw :p See, this kind of details is what makes this stuff is so adorable and fun <3

Next, we have Italian!

delizioso!
From the Italian set menu, it has curly bread as appetizer, something that looks like omelette for the main? I'm not very good with Italian dishes :| It also comes with...err...tomato flakes? I don't really get this Italian menu :x Why not just put pizza or pasta with Italian soda -__- Anyway, I think the curly bread is adorable!

And the last thing I found inside my drawer is...my primary school wallet!

Milk Teddy wallet :3
I remember using this wallet throughout my primary school days hahaha! The bear character is called Milk Teddy btw. I thought the inside of the wallet must be empty, but it actually has money inside!

MONEY. YEAH.
I was so surprised to find money inside the wallet! It must have been at least 12 years since the last time I used this wallet. In total, the money worth IDR18,000 (around SGD2.50). I think that amount of money is considered quite big for a primary school kid 12 years ago, but now.......oh well, can still buy chicken noodle with that :p

But no, I won't use it! Because...those money are no longer printed anymore! Except the newer 5k, the rest are already discontinued by Bank of Indonesia. And suddenly it just hit me...

Just wait maybe....50 years from now? xP
Maybe years from now I can sell those rare bills on the Internet and become rich muahahahaha! Sounds like a plan! ;)

Anyway, these are how the rare bills look like...

IDR1,000
This is really old. I think around 15 years old? It worths around 15c I think xP

IDR5,000
Another old bill! This one worths around 60c.

The newer IDR1,000
This one is the newer version from the light blue bill. It's actually not that rare, since the government just stopped printing this bill around 2 or 3 years ago I think. But now, the bank no longer make it.

The latest IDR5,000 bill
This one is the latest version of the 5k, but it's not discontinued. So, not rare at all! But who knows later? ;p

So yeah, those are my childhood mementos from my drawer xD I actually have a stamp collection album too, but I can't find it anywhere :( Seeing these stuff makes me miss my childhood! Such a happy time, I must say :) I'm glad that I have a happy childhood hahaha. Today's children might be much more tech-savvy than me back then, but I did have a whole lot of fun too, playing with my imagination and make-believe stuff and things :D

Okie then, hope this post makes you think of your happy childhood time as well! See you soon :)

Oh, by the way, you can find how I did my nails above here :) It's 4th of July nails!

Love,

Chikka

p.s. Staycation alert! Read the staycation report here! x)

4 comments:

  1. chikkkaaaa!!!!!! your blog really looks like you> <!!!!! great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gemma!! Hahaha, thank you! :) feel so happy you see my blog! I'm still in holiday now, so currently I have loads of free time to blog xD

      Delete
  2. opalsiama_1989 Richard Ruyung click
    dieprepifgon

    ReplyDelete