Saturday 6 July 2013

Look At My Pretty Nails: Happy 4th of July, America!

Hello! As you can guess from the title, my current nail theme is the 4th of July! I guess it's not too late to post about that right? x) Anyway, happy 4th of July, America! 

So, this is my first 4th of July inspired nails, and I just do simple design based on the US flag. Think of stripes and stars, with blue, white, and red color theme :D

Happy 4th of July!
I don't bring my nail polishes to Jakarta, so I must borrow from my sister. She doesn't have solid blue color, but actually I think the glitter blue adds a little "ooh" factor in this simple design xP No? Okay :|

Side view
Stripes and French Tip
I know the stripes are not 180° straight, but this is the best I can do so far sob sob. Stripes might look very simple, but actually it IS very difficult to do, or at least, for me xP 

Starry blue!
It's my first attempt in painting stars, and honestly, I don't really feel satisfied with the result. Gonna need to practice more to get uniformed shape! Oh, and btw I followed this tutorial on how to paint stars from Robin Moses. For this design I fully use nail polish, but if you're a fan of acrylic paint, you might want to see this tutorial by I Have A Cupcake. I think her acrylic paint skill is so damn good omg. 

I feel a bit kaypoh (busybody) to make 4th of July nails even though I'm not American haha, but hey, nail art can take inspiration from everywhere right? And as an avid Manhattan lover, I'm happy to have this design on my nails :) I really wish I can go to US and see the 4th of July fireworks someday!

Okie then, hope you like this design :) And once again, happy 4th of July!

Love,

Chikka

p.s. It's crazy cat lady's favorite food! CAT RICE. Check it out here! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment